Monday, October 23, 2006

Haters

I hate haters. Now, I don’t mind people teasing me about things I watch, I know I watch lots of random TV, everything from Lost, Prison Break, Smallville, Veronica Mars, Buffy, Gilmore Girls, Desperate Housewives, lots of toons, teen shows and on and on. So in general, I try to keep an open mind and not judge people of their viewing pleasures and let them watch as they please. Yet I can’t seem to get the same consideration.

Living with 3 other guys for a month, I’ve gotten nothing but annoyance and headaches from them for my TV watching. It’s not the amount of TV I watch, just the shows. I’ve been mocked for watching Gilmore Girls, it’s too girly and too talky and I’ve been compared to a 12 year old girl. I’ve had Smallville ripped apart and criticized for everything from Lois Lane not being hot (but Lana being very hot), the fact that Superman can’t fly yet (ad nauseum), stupid plots that aren’t believable (hello?! It’s a show about an alien with superpowers!) all while the show is going on. I’ve been ragged on about Prison Break because it isn’t believable. Lost isn’t a good show because it’s too convoluted and doesn’t answer any questions. All of this happens as I watch TV. The live commentary makes me not want to watch anything. All they like to watch all the time is Scrubs, the same episodes all the time (on DVD). They go nutty, laughing like crazy. Now don’t get me wrong, I love Scrubs. I’ve rushed home many a Tuesday just to watch it, but when people constantly hype something over and over, it kind of kills it for me. It’s the reason I never watched Forest Gump for 10 years. People hyped that movie up like crazy, how it was the bestest ever, and I lost any kind of interest to watch it until recently and only when there was absolutely nothing else for me to do. (For the record, I didn’t think it was that wonderful.)

For a brief second I start to second guess myself, then that doubt goes away instantly as I see how excited they get about Friday Night Smackdown (that’s wrestling for those not in the know). This from the people who tell me my shows aren't believable. Kind of ironic, no?

1 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

7aasis beek yabny. (=Egyptian for "I know how you feel.") Gilmore Girls is the best (Prison Break excluded).

I'm shooting for a residency myself but hopefully in next year's match :D

Best of luck to u

 

Post a Comment

<< Home