Friday, August 18, 2006

Come on Napoleon, give me some Tots!

I had a Napoleon Dynamite moment the other day. Doing a Radiology rotation can be somnolescent. You're in these dark rooms with people talking real softly and you have no idea what you're supposed to be looking at on the x-ray. Without fail, 5 minutes into the day, I start nodding off. My usual way of keeping myself awake is to sip, chew, or munch on something. The other day, while on a "field trip" to one of the other reading rooms, one of the docs had a huge bag of pretzels with them, seriously big, 5 pounds worth of mini-pretzels big. He offered it to everyone, and right then and there I saw my opportunity to keep awake. So I grabbed a fistfull and shoved them into my lab coat pocket so I could munch on them while reading films. Later on, while everyone is in the room reading films, I'm behind the doc, observing and learning, and every now and again I reach into my pocket and sneak a pretzel into my mouth. The whole time all I could think of was Napoleon Dynamite. I was sitting there just waiting for some jerk to kick my pocket and crumble all the pretzels. Yeah, I need a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home