Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Year of the Bad

I have come to the conclusion that 2006 is the year of bad things happening to me (aren't I so vain?) I thought it would be the year of trying new or different things (which I have been doing and very proud of myself), but alas it is also the year of the evil eye. What am I talking about?

January
Well, it all started back in January. I wake up as usual at 4 in the morning to go to the hospital for some baby catching, and while I'm driving, I manage to slip on some black ice, swerve all out of control, drift towards oncoming traffic, then spin around a couple of times and smash in the front end of my lovely mazda (oh how I miss thee...). Well, at least I walked away unscathed from the event, with just my pride and feelings hurt ( I did NOT want to part with my baby, I became attached to it after all these years). Okay, fine, out with the old, in with the (semi)-new. Out of this bad event I manage to find a great deal on a 2005 Jeep Liberty. Yay! Congrats to me!

February
Ona health kick and doing well. I'm eating pretty good and working out every day. Then I wake up one day and do yoga, which I have been doing for a while now with no problem, only today, my back decides to mess with me and give out. Now I'm miserable and in pain all day trying to deal with whiny kids vomiting and diarrheaing all over the place and getting rings stuck on their fingers. Yet I manage to pull through, undauted. Then one week later, I wake up on a freezing morning, tea in hand, ready to brave the weather, ready for the kids. I start driving... and realize I have a flat tire!!! Not only that, my car jack is the worst possible jack in the world, and it takes me 2 and a half hours to change my tire in the freezing cold. Now, mind you, this is not the first time I have had to change a tire, and I am not an idiot (no matter what some people may think), but that morning, fate was against me. The jack wasn't cooperating with me, i couldn't use it with my gloves on, so I had to do it barehanded, my legs and feet are freezing (as is my behind), I can't feel my fingers anymore, snot is dripping down my nose, and my nice work pants now have grease stains all over them that I haven't been successful in washing out yet, AND my back still hurts.

In case you're keeping count, that's two in one month.

March
So February hit hard. One might think I would be in the clear for March or at least get hit lightly. Well, no such luck. I thought I was going strong, I hadn't gotten sick yet amidst all the diseased infants, but no, it was just waiting for me, lulling me into a false sense of security, waiting to pounce at just the right time. It started gradually, a sore throat for a few days, stuffy nose a few days after that, then the body aches came one morning. I was still determined not to let it get the best of me, but then one morning, standing around for morning report, I started feeling weird, not right. Then BAM! I started feeling faint and had to sit on the floor so I wouldn't pass out. Mind you, this is in the middle of the hallway, and all these residents are standing around reporting on their patients, and does anyone bother to see what's wrong with this kid that's decided to sit in the middle of them reporting? NO!!!! Okay, fine, I feel better, let me stand up again. Two minutes later, it happens again and back on the floor I go. I break out in a sweat (seriously, I'm DRENCHED). Finally they finish and one of the residents comes up to me and is like," you don't look so well, why don't you go sit down for a minute." Gee, thanks for coming to my rescue all concerned like and what not people. Hey, aren't we in a hospital? Are we not supposed to help those needing help, the infirmed, the needy? HELLO!!! MAN DOWN PEOPLE, MAN DOWN!!!! USE THOSE POWERS OF OBSERVATION YOU'VE BEEN TAUGHT TO USE AND HELP THOSE IN NEED!!!! Come on now people. So great, I'm home in bed for two day, feeling off, and it's been two days now and I'm still feeling flu-ish.


So that's my story people. I'm convinced 2006 is not the year for me. Vain, self-centered you say? Whatever! I should really reconsider getting on a plane at the end of the month, flying might not be the best idea...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home