Friday, April 07, 2006

the day of wacky surgery

I just started my anesthesiology rotation this week, which means I get to hang out in the OR and sit in on many surgeries all day long. All week it has been routine surgeries, but today was the day of sticking things up people's hoohas. It started with a camera going into a woman's uterus and looking inside of it, growing some crazy polyps sticking out like alien pods (you ladies got some crazy body parts let me tell ya). The day ended with sticking a metal tube and blowing air up a guy's butt looking for hemorrhoids. The best part about that was the surgeon "clearing out the passage" manually by sticking a couple of fingers in and pulling some lovely pieces out. The funniest part though was when the air built up and started coming out in spurts. I don't know what it is, but I can't help but laugh whenever people fart in public. It's a good thing I had my face mask on so nobody could see me, because I couldn't keep it together. I was just happy I didn't bust out laughing audibly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home