Thursday, June 08, 2006

Sugar and spice and everything nice

Apparently I'm the Spice Girls number one fan. How did this happen? I couldn't tell you. All I know is within a two week period I've heard their songs. Oh, wait, there's more to this story. First time was at a bar. Spice Girls at a bar? How lame, I know. It wasn't the whole song, just the beginning of Wannabe, you know, their first song (I'll tell you what you want, what you really really want, so tell me what you want, what you really really want). The DJ mercifully changed it right away, but not before everyone at the table was about to start singing and dancing. Ok, maybe that one could be looked over. Everyone was into it and was amused. Yet the story doesn't stop there.

While at Cold Stone Creamery getting some cake batter-y goodness, me and Anita are bopping our heads to the songs being played, when all of a sudden, another ol' Spice Girls ditty comes on. Now, not only can I identify that it's the Spice Girls (Anita didn't know that), I was also able to tell her that it is entitled "Stop" and that it's off their second album "Spiceworld", you know, when all five of the girls were still together and before their third album came out after Geri left the group and ventured out on her own and went on to become a UN Goodwill ambassador.

Why do I know this? What is wrong with me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home